- ½ cup dried rose petals (see notes), crushed
- 1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar or cane sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, solid not semi-soft
- 1. Add the crushed dried rose petals, sugar and coconut oil to a bowl. Mix with a spoon to combine thoroughly.
- Add to a jar with an airtight lid. Enjoy immediately!
How to dry rose petals:
You can do it two ways.
- Lay out the roses, not touching, on a paper towel, and set it on a baking rack to dry out. It can take a few days to do this.
- Or, if you’re in a rush, Add this paper towel to a plate in the microwave, and blitz for one minute. Take the petals out, test one, and do it again, repeating until the petals are completely dry and crisp. This also preserves the colour. My roses were a week old before I used them, but you can use fresh roses and use this method if you want them to be dried instantly.
The recipe and all images belong to Jessica